Image Centre Group is committed to actively working to achieve the following:
1) Protecting the environment and preventing pollution related to its activities (including that created by its suppliers and clients), and
2) Complying with all applicable NZ Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, and
3) Continually improving our performance relating to the above.
To achieve this all staff will need to be actively involved and so we have key performance indicators for 1 through 3 in all staff performance agreements.
Our method to achieve the desired outcomes is:
• Regularly assess (in monthly Enviromark meetings) our activities and their effects upon the environment in a systematic and logical fashion.
• Identify the actions we need to take to address each effect.
• Set targets based on the actions we need to take.
• Monitor (monthly) our progress on each target
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
• Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are run as efficient as possible.
• Minimise carbon emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
• Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
• Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
• We try to source raw materials that are less damaging to the environment. Sustainable natural resources are always our first choice. When non-renewable natural resources are the only option, we endeavour to use them as efficiently as possible.
• Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
• Our procurement policy outlines requirements for the purchase of new plant. In making purchasing decisions we look at the environmental impacts, lifecycle, and energy usage.
The senior management of the Image Centre Group actively support this policy by regularly reviewing our achievements, targets, and objectives. We commit management resources to the implementation and monitoring of the policy.